by Chan Myae of whatismyanmar.tumblr.com
About 2 years ago
Taxi fares are quite cheap in Myanmar. But you need to bargain as the drivers may ask you slightly higher than their usual price for locals. There are meters operated but are rarely used. So ask the price before you get into it.
1) Asking to on the meter, they may go around the city to reach a very short distance.
1) Know the way you need to go.
2) The minimum fare for shortest distance (2011' jun) is 1500 kyats ($2) and maximum is 7000 kyats ($9) (eg. from airport to city).
3) Ask any local the average fare for the route you wish to go. (If you don't have one, send it to email@example.com)
4) Bargain with smile using the word "please".
Image Credit : http://goo.gl/3uwgF