What To Do
1. Do catch the cable car up to town - it will save you time, energy and sweat! Also taxi rates are phenomenal (15 euro from halfway up the hill as we found out!)
2. Do have a homemade gelato in a warm, freshly rolled waffle cone; gelato couldn't get any better.
3. Don't have lunch in the main square of Capri town, there are cheaper and far better places to eat on the streets further back.
4. Don't visit during high season, sounds obvious but it overcrowded and prices literally triple.
5. Do spend more than a day here, Blue Grotto & boat tours are ok but there is so much more to see and do; Villa Jovis, Anacapri, Marina Piccola, and the umpteen number of restaurants are trattoria.